WHY JOIN THE NORTHERN COLORADO MEDICAL SOCIETY?
The majority of physicians in Larimer and Weld counties belong to NCMS because we provide:
SIGNIFICANT FINANCIAL SAVINGS
Association membership enables members to receive an approximate 10% discount on professional liability insurance premium through COPIC Insurance.
POWERFUL LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY
- Depend on the NCMS Board of Directors and the CMS government relations division and CMS Council on Legislation to work to support and strengthen physician practice, the values of the profession, and the quality of medical care in both Colorado and Congress.
- The NCMS Board of Directors serves the membership, offers voices of Larimer and Weld county physicians to CMS programming.
- Collaborate with other northern Colorado health care leaders for dialog with political candidates and elected legislators.
- Ask yourself, without this advocacy, who would protect you and your patients from dangerous legislation funded by special interests with deep pockets? Who would build the coalition necessary to pass favorable legislation for physicians and their patients?
PRACTICAL HELP MANAGING YOUR PRACTICE
- Acquire expert advice for you and your staff with educational programs on current issues.
- Collaborate with IPA for organized, continuous negotiation with insurance carriers on behalf of all physicians.
- Rely on the expertise gained from ongoing monitoring and reporting of issues concerning Medicare and Medicaid through strong relationships with Colorado and federal regulatory agencies affecting these issues.
- Receive expert help and updates that affect your practice.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION TOOLS
- Stay informed with timely information sent to you via the quarterly NCMS newsletter, and bimonthly Colorado Medicine, the award-winning magazine of the Colorado Medical Society.
- Advertise your credentials and office information through the Northern Colorado Medical Society Physician Directory, a popular community resource directory available for physicians, office staff and throughout the community. Look for it at Chamber offices, Board of Realtors, and health facilities.
- NCMS’s website (www.nocomedsoc.org) provides information about you and your practice through the online Physician Locator.
COMMUNITY OF PHYSICIANS
General membership meetings provide a forum for physicians in northern Colorado, both educational and social, to express ideas and concerns with their peers.