NCMS Annual Meeting
Your Northern Colorado Medical Society hosted our signature event, the Annual Meeting, on Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017, featuring Brad Nieder, MD, and Carla Rotering, MD. We had a great time welcoming physician members and guests, exhibitors and staff. We look forward to more great events in 2017. Check our calendar/events page for more information.
Welcome to Northern Colorado Medical Society
Here you can find information of interest to our physician members and the public, ask questions and make suggestions. We want to hear from you!
- Communication with our local, state and national legislators on health issues important to members and citizens of Larimer and Weld counties
- Legislative night held each October to discuss current issues with candidates and elected officials
- Work with the Colorado Medical Society (CMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA) on evolving issues in the practice of medicine
- Leadership within CMS: One NCMS board member represents our Society on the CMS board of directors
- Participation on CMS committees and work groups that set policy on issues such as patient safety, payment reform, prescription drug abuse, provider and payer relations and practice viability
- Resolutions written by our Society that are presented to CMS regarding current issues. For example, inappropriate advertising and in situ uranium mining (fracking), both of which were then referred to the AMA
- Meetings featuring speakers on medically compelling topics
- Continuing medical education (CME) events
- Our e-newsletter, the Honker, and website feature articles and updates by members and guests
- HIPAA-secure communication between members through DocbookMD
- Executive director available to assist you and your staff on practice issues
- Annual physician and community resource directory in print, distributed throughout Larimer and Weld counties with information also available on the website
- Physician referrals made to the public
Partnership in Action & Service
- Scholarship for local high school graduates who are attending medical school
- Promotion of region-wide health information exchange (HIE). Working with CORHIO (Colorado Regional Health Information Organization), this collaborative includes NCMS, University of Colorado Health, Banner Health System, the North Colorado Health Alliance, Northern Colorado IPA and the Northern Larimer County Health District.
- Providing an NCMS representative to the Larimer County Patient-Centered Medical Home Women physician get-togethers