Welcome to the Northern Colorado Medical Society (NCMS) website.
Here you can find information of interest to our physician members and the public, ask questions and make suggestions. We want to hear from you!
Implementation of this site will help us carry out other objectives of health-care-related advocacy and services to our members, education and partnership with other organizations. Examples of these activities include:
- Communication with our local, state and national legislators on health issues important to members and citizens of Larimer and Weld counties
- Legislative night held each October to discuss current issues with candidates and elected officials
- Work with the Colorado Medical Society (CMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA) on evolving issues in the practice of medicine
- Leadership within CMS: Three NCMS board members represent our Society on the CMS board of directors and 33 delegates serve in the House of Delegates
- Participation on CMS committees and work groups that set policy on issues such as patient safety, payment reform, prescription drug abuse, provider and payer relations and practice viability
- Resolutions written by our Society that are presented to the CMS House of Delegates regarding current issues. For example, inappropriate advertising and in situ uranium mining (fracking), both of which were then referred to the AMA
- Annual and spring meetings featuring speakers on medically compelling topics
- Continuing medical education (CME) events
- Our newsletter, the Honker, and website feature articles and updates by members and guests
- HIPAA-secure communication between members through DocbookMD
- Executive director available to assist you and your staff on practice issues
- Annual physician and community resource directory in print, distributed throughout Larimer and Weld counties with information also available on the website
- Physician referrals made to the public
PARTNERSHIP IN ACTION AND SERVICE
- Scholarship for local high school graduates who are attending medical school
- Promotion of region-wide health information exchange (HIE). Working with CORHIO (Colorado Regional Health Information Organization), this collaborative includes NCMS, University of Colorado Health, Banner Health System, the North Colorado Health Alliance, Northern Colorado IPA and the Northern Larimer County Health District.
- Providing an NCMS representative to the Larimer County Patient-Centered Medical Home Women physician get-togethers
What can we do for you? How can we strengthen our society? Please contact Executive Director Nan Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.