Next event: SOCI fundraiser – Sept. 30!
One of the best ways to connect with your northern Colorado colleagues is through NCMS events. The next event is “A Day on the Ranch: A fundraiser for Advance Care Planning Services.” It will be held Sept. 30, 2017. Buy tickets today!
VIDEO >> NCMS hosted our 2017 Summer Social on Saturday, July 15, at the Budweiser Biergarten and Brewery. Members enjoyed an interesting tour of the brewery, and fantastic food and drinks. See a recap video to the left.
What we are working on right now
The Northern Colorado Medical Society staff and board are continually working to serve Colorado physicians. Have a comment on a current initiative or suggestion for what we should tackle next? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 829-7860. Here’s what we’re doing right now:
- Refining legislation to bring to the 2018 General Assembly to establish a statewide registry for advance care directives
- Planning Legislative Night – Oct. 11, 2017
- Conducting member outreach and recruitment for rural Larimer and Weld county communities
- Planning efforts surrounding physician wellness “services” for members
- Planning efforts to sponsor a Northern Colorado opioid physician education event
- Planning the NCMS Annual Meeting – Jan. 10, 2018
Welcome to Northern Colorado Medical Society
Here you can find information of interest to our physician members and the public, ask questions and make suggestions. We want to hear from you!
- Communication with our local, state and national legislators on health issues important to members and citizens of Larimer and Weld counties
- Legislative night held each October to discuss current issues with candidates and elected officials
- Work with the Colorado Medical Society (CMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA) on evolving issues in the practice of medicine
- Leadership within CMS: One NCMS board member represents our Society on the CMS board of directors
- Participation on CMS committees and work groups that set policy on issues such as patient safety, payment reform, prescription drug abuse, provider and payer relations and practice viability
- Resolutions written by our Society that are presented to CMS regarding current issues. For example, inappropriate advertising and in situ uranium mining (fracking), both of which were then referred to the AMA
- Meetings featuring speakers on medically compelling topics
- Continuing medical education (CME) events
- Our e-newsletter, the Honker, and website feature articles and updates by members and guests
- HIPAA-secure communication between members through DocbookMD
- Executive director available to assist you and your staff on practice issues
- Annual physician and community resource directory in print, distributed throughout Larimer and Weld counties with information also available on the website
- Physician referrals made to the public
Partnership in Action & Service
- Scholarship for local high school graduates who are attending medical school
- Promotion of region-wide health information exchange (HIE). Working with CORHIO (Colorado Regional Health Information Organization), this collaborative includes NCMS, University of Colorado Health, Banner Health System, the North Colorado Health Alliance, Northern Colorado IPA and the Northern Larimer County Health District.
- Providing an NCMS representative to the Larimer County Patient-Centered Medical Home Women physician get-togethers